DROPPED CLUTCH PEDAL

1999 Isuzu Rodeo

ChrisBrecht

July, 18, 2011 AT 10:24 PM

2 Car Pros -

I have a 99 Isuzu Rodeo. Manual Trans 4WD.

My clutch pedal dropped to the floor. Just before this happened, (in first gear) I accelerated. It did feel like the car was slipping. To the degree that it was peeling out at 2 miles an hour. The RPMs however never got too high.

This rodeo has a hydraulic pedal not a clutch cable. Does the hydraulic component not work if the transmission fluid is empty? Would the pedal drop if I just ran out of fluid?

I am about to check my transmission fluid level.

or

Does this sound like a complete blown clutch? If so, I will have to take it into the shop rather than fix it myself because I cannot drop a transmission.

Clutch or Hydraulic Pedal. I'm asking because I have replaced a Clutch Cable before. Can I replace only the hydraulic pedal without dropping the transmission?

thx
chris brecht
austin, tx

July, 18, 2011 AT 10:33 PM

Check the clutch master cylinder and slave-start here if okay replace the clutch assembly

ChrisBrecht

July, 19, 2011 AT 3:04 AM

So how do I know if my clutch master cylinder and slave are bad. Is there a trick before I just go ahead and replace them?

July, 19, 2011 AT 3:22 AM

Do you have a leak within the hydraulic-if not try bleeding it-

ChrisBrecht

July, 19, 2011 AT 3:41 AM

I'm out of the garage now. All I have right now is a clutch pedal that is on the floor.

rivermikerat

July, 19, 2011 AT 4:21 AM

Most likely this is a return spring in the clutch master cylinder. Also check the return spring on the pedal under the dash.

Clutch/Flywheel/Rear Main Seal Replacement
Pulling an Auto Trans? Easy Instructions