MY CIVIC WONT START

1999 Honda Civic

Crimson_StaRR

October, 30, 2012 AT 5:42 AM

My civic won't start. A week before it stopped working, my SRS light went on and noticed by headlights and dashboard dimming out. It eventually stopped dimming and the SRS light shut off. Then after that week or less, that's when trying to start up the engine was taking longer and longer to turn. I was driving and came to a stop and the car died out on me. When I started it, it took a few turns and started up but was sluggish. The next day, I couldn't get it to start up at all. It wasn't until I pulled out the SRS Unit fuse (#13 at 15amps) from the interior fuse-box, checked if it blew (which it LOOKS like it didn't blow) and placed it back in. The car started up and idled for about a minute before it died again. After it died, I tried starting it up again and won't start up. I took out the fuse and checked it again, same condition as before, placed it back in and it wouldn't start up that time. I've replaced the battery, ignition coil, distributor cap, spark plugs and spark plug wires. When I turn the key to the 2nd position, I'm not 100% sure if it is but I think I hear the fuel pump working or some humming sound for about 2 seconds or so.

October, 30, 2012 AT 2:02 PM

When it could not start, did you check for sparks at the plugs?
You could have a faulty PCM or a bad ground circuit somewhere.

Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz ML500
Spark Plug Replacement Honda Element
Spark Plug Replacement Ford Explorer 4.6L V8
Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Corolla 2000-20
Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz C230