CAR Not Shifting Properly

TONY GUERRERO
  • 1999 HONDA CIVIC
My car will not Shift correctly and the D4 Indicator on my dashboard is also on.

Here is what happened:

I hit a deer on my way to work, car was drive-able back home (31.7 Miles)

During the ride home the D4 Indicator on the Dashboard was blinking, so I went 30 MPH the entire way home trying to go as easy as possible on the car and transmission.

The next morning surveying the damage seemed like just the radiator got bent up a little bit as well some obvious body damage.

After fixing up the body, went to drive the car and the D4 Indicator Light was still on as well as the Check Engine Light (Which was on previously).

After some troubleshooting, it was decided to get a replacement transmission, which we got from a local salvage yard (the guy said it was from a working 1999 Civic).

Swapped in new transmission, checked and flushed all fluids, the D4 Indicator was still on.

So more troubleshooting, which two Honda techs said it sounds like it was the ECU (ECM) so I went back to local salvage yard and got the ECU from the exact same car (same part number's)

Got the new ECM installed, and programmed to my car.

D4 Indicator Light still blinking, and car is still not shifting.

Any help please!
Saturday, July 23rd, 2016 AT 2:47 PM

If you hit a deer and it was not on previously and did the work like PCM I would think that maybe a wire is pinched or shorted out. I am sending which wires to check for shorts from PCM. See picture.
Saturday, July 23rd, 2016 AT 4:49 PM
TONY GUERRERO
Original Poster here, just want to give ya a bit of an update:

The D4 Light is still blinking, but my buddy has a video of what the car is doing!
https://www.facebook.com/mikejv/videos/10206350341028113/
Not sure if it is set to public or not though.
Saturday, July 23rd, 2016 AT 5:32 PM
TONY GUERRERO
Correction, here is an accessible link for the video!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iQvm_mTvHE
Saturday, July 23rd, 2016 AT 5:41 PM
SATURNTECH9
Just to add to this one I know you said that the check engine light was on before. But why not check and see what the exact code numbers are to see if it could lead you to your new problem? I am sure it set a code if the d4 light is flashing.
Saturday, July 23rd, 2016 AT 5:46 PM
Scan for codes like Saturn tech said it may be something else causing this.
Sunday, July 24th, 2016 AT 8:07 AM
TONY GUERRERO
Will post the codes as soon as I have them handy.
Sunday, July 24th, 2016 AT 1:10 PM
SATURNTECH9
Okay, sounds good.
Sunday, July 24th, 2016 AT 1:47 PM
TONY GUERRERO
The Codes are as follows:

P1298
P1768

Those are the codes as far as I know.
Sunday, July 24th, 2016 AT 5:22 PM
The 1298 is too much voltage going to electrical load detector and should really be checked by a profession, but I have sent instructions on how to check it. The other is linear solenoid and there are three different transmissions in this car, two are pretty much the same, but other is a CVT transmission, which has cording to codes you do not have. I have sent instructions for that as well which is a short in wiring if fuse is not blown (15).
Monday, July 25th, 2016 AT 6:41 AM