1999 HONDA CIVIC NOT GOING INTO GEAR

• bonnie876
  • 1999 Honda Civic

I have a automatic 99 honda civic. To make a long story short I have gone through 3 different transmissions with this car and the problem has not been resolved. It started one night when I stopped at a red light, when it was my turn to go the car moved a couple feet but stalled after. It wasnt going into gear it just made a revving noise no matter which gear I put it in. But when I turned the car off and on again it moved a little and did the same thing. Took it to the family mechanic and was told I have a busted Transmission, didnt have the money at the time to rebuild so I went to a honda junkyard in Miami and got one for $400. Put it in the next day and it was perfect. But the next day it did exactly the same thing as the other. So I bought that one back and got another thru a friend of a friend that would not rip me off. And now this one is doing exactly the same thing. I really dont know what to do, I am a 20 yr old female going to college with a pt job taking night classes so I desperately need a car. He is a good mechanic, has worked on everyone elses car without a problem but I dont know if he's missing something. The check engine light has been coming on but I was told its because I have bad engine mounts, I plan to sell the car for something else but I want to get it running. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated thank you

Wednesday, September 18th, 2013 AT 7:23 AM

• hmac300

If your check engine light is on it may be an electrical problem to trans, not motor mounts. Have it scanned for codes or have a trans guy scan for codes and explain everything that has gone wrong. It may be a connection problem or a module problem.

Wednesday, September 18th, 2013 AT 7:32 AM