I HAVE A THAT CRANKS UP & RUNS, BUT WHEN YOU PRESS THE GAS IT BOGS DOWN & SHUTS OFF.

1999 Honda Accord

mmc2011lm

May, 17, 2012 AT 4:58 PM

I just changed the intake gasket set on a 1999 Honda Accord EX, the motor is a 2.3L4 I also replaced the sparkplug wires & sparkplugs with what it called for which is NGK & gapped them at.044. I changed vavle cover gasket, oil, & also added antifreeze. When I cranked it up it ran at about 900rpm & when you press the gas slowly it idles up to about 2000rpm & then bogs down & shuts off. So I went ahead & replaced the egr valve & it still does the same thing. I took the spark plugs out & checked them & they was a smutty black color on them. This is the second set of spark plugs that look like that. I undone the exaust pipe from the manifold & dropped it down thinking the converter was clogged up because it popped up a code saying the converter was effienency & then a undenified code which was P1259 before I even worked on it & it still does the same thing. Before I dropped the exhaust down, it had no pressure coming out the exhaust & was sucking in air more than blowing it out the exhaust. It has two o2sensors on it, 1 at the exhaust manifold & 1 on the converter. I dont know what is wrong. Is it possible it jumped time, it looks like the stock timing belt on it. Please help.

May, 17, 2012 AT 5:25 PM

Check the fuel pressure if its witin specs and then comeback with the readings-start here

djcl

May, 17, 2012 AT 5:27 PM

Get a engine vacuum reading @ idle let me know how maney inch if vacuum you have.

mmc2011lm

May, 18, 2012 AT 4:18 AM

Can I pick up a fuel pressure tester @ a vacuum tester at a autoparts store or does it have to be a certain one from a tool truck?

mmc2011lm

May, 18, 2012 AT 4:21 AM

I asked a mechanic shop in town & they said replace the coolant temp sensor & I doubled check with somebody else & they said thats right. I did that & it didnt work. Could the fuel pressure regulator be bad?

djcl

May, 19, 2012 AT 2:00 AM

I would recommend doing some testing. Replacing parts can waist a lot of money. Get the vacuum readings and fuel readings. If you can't rent them you might be better off paying a shop to do the testing

Catalytic Converter Replacement Volkswagen
Find Out How to Test Your Catalytic Converter
Fuel Filter Replacement Chevrolet Silverado
Fuel Filters Replacement 2015 RAM 2500 6.7L