Check engine light

MRPIPPY
  • 1999 FORD RANGER
I bought this new in 99 I have a ford ranger xlt with a 6cyl in it the check engine light is on I took notice that when it gets very cold out the check engine light goes out for a while.I really had no problems with the truck until now.I do general maintenance on it chage oil wires plugs etc it idles kind of rough and my gas milelage is terrible
Thursday, March 24th, 2011 AT 3:06 AM

I strongly recommend that you check our "Check Engine Light" article at
http://www.2carpros.com/articles/service-engine-soon-or-check-engine-light-on-or-flashing

Have the computer scanned for code/s-you have a problem within the engine management system that caused the CEL to turn on-This is your starting point of diagnosis,finding out what's going on.
Thursday, March 24th, 2011 AT 3:13 AM
PROTECH1980
Get the vehicle scanned for codes, that is where we will start diagnoses, that will tell us what made the light come on and lead us in the direction for repair.
Thursday, March 24th, 2011 AT 3:14 AM
MRPIPPY
I had it checked but the say it could be one of three censor is there any way of narrowing this down without guessing.
Thursday, March 24th, 2011 AT 3:25 AM
Just to keep things going--I will jump in--They will want to know what the codes are (The exact #'s &/or letters)--So they can give you possibilities to check/ test etc--OK, I butt out now--The Medic
Thursday, March 24th, 2011 AT 6:21 AM
Medicine man-now you're making sense-we cannot do it w/o them numbers its popping up during change of weather condition we have to catch it while on the run with the scanner/PID's data-If you wish you can take over and me and Mr. Pro we'll kick back and observe-Good Luck
Thursday, March 24th, 2011 AT 7:29 AM
Roger, be ready to pull off the overwatch mission, You know I'm rusty with the cyber-rigs.I'd be a lot better off with a carb vehicle! Last night it looked as if my 1st response drifted off into cyber-space, so I wrote it again. If this feller will come back (with good or bad news. Something!) I will begin bounding forward and attack. Just stay close by with the commo, Mr. Pippy might show up with Mrs. Pippy on the OBJ, I could get counterattacked with stuff I ain't been schooled on yet! Please initiate cover fire if/ when you see a lull in my fire.---The Medic
Thursday, March 24th, 2011 AT 2:02 PM
Roger that, fire mission is prepared to go as needed-Bang this one with no comeback and I'll recommend you to 2carpros Hall of Famer
Thursday, March 24th, 2011 AT 9:48 PM
Dear mrpippy--COME ON WITH IT!--The Medic
Friday, March 25th, 2011 AT 1:11 AM