HEAD GASKET, REPLACE ENGINE, COST???

1999 Ford Mustang

ImperfectAngel13

March, 5, 2012 AT 9:22 PM

My aunt gave me her 1999 Ford Mustang Saturday. She told me that there was a blown head gasket. Knowing that it had set for 2 years, untouched, I took my battery from my other car and put it in the mustang. It acted like it wanted to start, but just would not. Now, I'm having trouble finding out where to get parts and how much it will cost to be replaced. Like I said above, it wouldn't start, and a guy at one auto body shop told me he couldn't replace JUST the head gasket, he would have to replace the whole engine. So I need to know, if that is true; And approximately how much it would cost to fix the problem.

March, 5, 2012 AT 9:27 PM

Dunno the cost of repairs due to it varies with location-

If its cranking over and will not start-check the fuel pressure and also for spark-start here-also refer to this link for more information:http://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-cranks-but-wont-start

ImperfectAngel13

March, 5, 2012 AT 11:22 PM

Okay thanks. My dad also said the oil was kinda milky? What does that mean?

March, 6, 2012 AT 12:04 AM

If its milky have it block and pressure tested-to rule out a blown headgasket, cracked head or block

ImperfectAngel13

March, 6, 2012 AT 12:19 AM

Okay and this guy that works at a auto body place, he said that he couldn't replace the gasket he could only replace the whole engine? Is that necessarily true?

March, 6, 2012 AT 12:25 AM

Go somewhere else and get a 2nd opinion

ImperfectAngel13

March, 6, 2012 AT 12:26 AM

Okay, thank you so much for your help.

Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz C230
Spark Plug Replacement Honda Element
Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Spark Plug Replacement Ford Explorer 4.6L V8