CHECK LIGHT WITJH CODE PO304

1999 Ford F-150

JAS 21

October, 23, 2013 AT 1:15 PM

Our engine light came on and I put it on my computer and it gave me PO304 cylinder 4 misfire detected what do I need to do to repair this, I'm thinking that this problem occurred because this last month ago I changed the heater core and the hose that is over that injector and cylinder water was leaking from that hose. So what steps do I take to repair this situation.

P0171 & P0304

October, 23, 2013 AT 6:38 PM

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE CAUGHT UP ON MAINTENANCE. LIKE CHANGING THE SPARK PLUGS ON SCHEDULE. AND PROPERLY GAPPED/ DISTRIBUTOR CAP/ ROTOR BUTTON/ ETC

LOOK AT THE PLUG WIRE. FOR #4 (AND THE OTHERS TOO!) LOOK TO SEE IF IT IS RUBBING ON SOMETHING METAL. IF IT HAS WORN THRU, YOU WILL PROBABLY SEE A "STARBURST" OF GREY, SPLATTERED AROUND THE "ARC" (THIS WILL RESEMBLE A GUNPOWDER BURN) IT IS EZily RUBBED OFF SO GENTLY LOOK AT THE WIRE, AS NOT TO WIPE IT AWAY

IF YOU FIND A SPLATTER SPOT, REPLACE THE WIRE AND OBTAIN SOME 3/8 FUEL OR VACUUM LINE. CUT SMALL SECTIONS OUT OF THE VACUUM LINE AND SPLIT THEM. COVER YOUR SPARK PLUG WIRE(S) WITH THESE "COVERS" ANYWHERE THEY RUB SOMETHING OR COULD POSSIBLY RUB SOMETHING (JUST THE PROBLEM SPOT, NOT THE ENTIRE WIRE!).

NOT TOO LONG AGO MY NIECE'S MUSTANG W/ 3.8L, WAS SKIPPING (FOR QUITE SOME TIME) IT HAD 3 WIRES DOING THIS, AND A FEW OTHERS GETTING THAT WAY.A NEW SET OF WIRES AND MAYBE 10 HOME-MADE COVERS LATER, SHE DOES NOT SKIP ANY MORE

KEEP US UPDATED

hmac300

October, 24, 2013 AT 7:52 AM

Misfires are very hard to diagnose even for a pro. Check plug wire for good spark and compression and maybe resistance on injector which should be 11-18 ohms. Other than that have apro check it out as it can be something entirely different than what you think.

Oxygen Sensor Replacement Honda Civic 1996-20
Camshaft Angle Sensor Replacement P0015
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Injector Replacement Ford 5.4L V8
Catalytic Converter Replacement Volkswagen