Truck wont start need help

MDUBAY01
  • 1999 FORD EXPLORER
I was driven my 99 ford explorer and it just shut of on me when I came to a stop and when I went to start it back up all it did was turn over and didnt wanna fire
Saturday, January 8th, 2011 AT 8:31 PM

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, Do you hear the fuel pump come On when you turn key on? If not check fuel pump fuse and fuel pump relay if so, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, cap and rotor, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it and keep testing
Saturday, January 8th, 2011 AT 8:46 PM
MDUBAY01
Well I have spark and fuel pressure and all that it just truns over and dosent fire could it be the timing chain at all and would a timing casue no pressure in one cilnder
Saturday, January 8th, 2011 AT 9:05 PM
Check the fuel pressure if its within specs with a gauge and engine compression
Saturday, January 8th, 2011 AT 9:31 PM
MDUBAY01
I have checked all that and it right where it should be just need to know if the timing chian can caus that and is it worth replacing
Saturday, January 8th, 2011 AT 9:35 PM
What is the fuel pressure and are the injectors pulsing when cranking the engine over?

To check the timing chain you need to open it up and verify if the valve timing is correct and not stretched/jumped timing
Saturday, January 8th, 2011 AT 9:41 PM
MDUBAY01
Its about 50 psi and yeah the injectors are I out a light tester on then and the light came on I have tried everything just was think it might be timing chain now
Saturday, January 8th, 2011 AT 9:51 PM