SENSOR LOCATION

1999 Ford Escort

sberry807

June, 24, 2011 AT 11:01 PM

Where is the crankshaft position sensor located in a 1999 ford escort ZX2.

June, 24, 2011 AT 11:36 PM

Number 31--Anything else?

The Medic

June, 25, 2011 AT 4:53 AM

Sberry807,

Didn't mean to sound blunt!

Just sorta took me forever to find your diagram (I'm not real acquainted w/ the on-line reference)

I was glad to finally "throw it on you", and not accidentally step on another "answer-ers" toes, who may have gotten it 1st.

I was so glad to get it loaded up--all I could think about was sending it fast. With something short and sweet

Not much "sweet". Huh?

I like hearing the other end. Did this help?. Are you fixed?

The Medic

sberry807

June, 26, 2011 AT 2:08 PM

Thanks for the help. We found it but the car still won't start. The car quit going down the road and hasn't started again. We checked for fuel and it's getting gas, we checked spark and we are getting that, what else could we check? We are changing the spark plugs today I don't know if we will have any luck. Any advise will be greatly appreciated.

June, 26, 2011 AT 2:19 PM

Is the Check Engine Light (CEL) ON?

If so, can you scan and get codes?

A low end scanner is about $50 at popular auto stores. Could be useful later for you and "donating" buddies! Lol!

The Auto stores usually will scan you for Free.I have begged off duty personnel, to do it for me, when I couldn't drag one in (usually w/ a nice tip!), Before I got my scanner

Any kinda hint, things were not well, prior to the "Walkage" part of your ordeal?

The Medic

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet