My fuel line is leaking at the connector

• 1 POST
  • 1999 DODGE RAM

How to replace a fuel supply line without any leaks at the snap connector at the fuel pressure regulator supply line. I dropped the gas tank to replace the left side rear brake line which I completed successfully. However the pressure regulator nipple seal developed a small leak at the neck and I chose to replace it along with the snap connector (about 7 ins. Long) and connects to a crimped 3/8 10 ft. Length of stainless tubing that connects to the EFI at the manifold.I chose to replace this rigged nylon line due to kinks in the original line and new O-rings for a positive seal.

Before I re installed the tank I started truck and let it run 30 minutes "dropped for visual purposes" without a drip;disconnected the elect. Fitting and fuel supply then applied a little more heat to the new rigid for a tighter fit at the snap fitting. Once the truck was back together I started it, but now it is leaking at the connector pretty good so I immediately shut it down. The only thing I can think of is that the new rigid 3/8 tubing does not require a great deal of heat and does not react like other heat shrink material. I would appreciate your thoughts if you have ever performed this type of repair regarding rigid fuel tubing/fittings.

Tuesday, November 1st, 2011 AT 4:03 AM

Did you heat line to get it to slip on?

Tuesday, November 1st, 2011 AT 4:51 AM