1999 Dodge Ram 4X4 5.9lt

JIMMY JO BOB
  • 1999 DODGE RAM
Will only go 25 30mph rpm wont go up past 2000rpm intake noise is loud like a jet and has a wining wherrring noise if I try to accelerate more than 1/4 throtle any more and it just get flat and it seems like it isnt shifting up u can pushpeddle to the floor and no kick down. The noise sounds like it is coming from the cataletic converter. I disconnected the bigest hose from front of the throtle body that gose to the evap purge soliniode and its like night and day it goes much faster and it is shifting but u still can only give a little more throttl about 1/2 now and then it goes flat the problem must be vac? Please help.
Tuesday, January 18th, 2011 AT 12:36 AM

Check to make sure the catalytic converter isn't plugged. Also, if the check engine light is on, have the computer scanned. Make sure there is proper air flow through the air intake system.

There are a few things that can cause this. You listed a couple. The MAF, TPS, vacuum leak. The check engine light is your greatest helper if it is on. Otherwise, it becomes a guessing game.
Thursday, February 3rd, 2011 AT 7:48 PM