Went through 2 new batteries in a week

FALLYN69U
  • 1999 DODGE CARAVAN
1999 Dodge Caravan dodge caravan has went through 2 new batteries in a week showing bad but now they say I need an alternator
I had my starter replaced in May, then my battery in June now I have had 2 new batteries in a week, I turn it over and it clicks still has power to headlights and interior both times. I was told my alternator is showing low voltage but would this cause a defect in the batteries and make them show bad when tested, really want to figure this out before I am out another 200.00 on an alternator. I am wondering if the starter could possibly be wired wrong as shortly after this is when the battery issue started and if so what further complications can I expect from this. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Saturday, July 16th, 2011 AT 6:06 AM

SATURNTECH9
Charge your battery up fully start and idle the engine get a multimeter hook it up to the battery cables turn on the a/c head lights now what does the voltage on the meter read?Lets start with that.
Saturday, July 16th, 2011 AT 8:17 AM
FALLYN69U
Went out to start it today wont start yet cranks goodany ideas
Sunday, July 17th, 2011 AT 3:47 AM
SATURNTECH9
The battery is fully charged and the engine is turning over full speed?If so do you have spark any codes?
Sunday, July 17th, 2011 AT 3:50 AM
FALLYN69U
Reading 12.39
Monday, July 18th, 2011 AT 7:15 PM
SATURNTECH9
Do you have any spark or any codes?
Monday, July 18th, 2011 AT 8:23 PM