I HAVE DONE A TUNE UP FROM THE ROTAR TO THE ...

1999 Dodge Caravan

Anonymous

April, 1, 2013 AT 1:55 AM

I have done a tune up from the rotar to the plugs. I have a miss in #4 and #5. I also have white steam coming from the exhaust. With a smell I cant describe. But the tricky part is im not losing any coolant. I have been chasing this problem for weeks and I am stumped. Please help. Also there is enough condensation from the exhaust it will run down the drive way.

Brake Rotor

Rotors

freemba

April, 1, 2013 AT 2:24 AM

Before goiing through too much trouble, double check your spark plug wires to be sure they are on the proper terminal on the distributor cap. I have attached a picture of the diagram for the spark plugs. (Not sure which engine you have--let me know if your engine isn't on the diagram)

If the spark plugs wires are correct then it sounds like a blown head gasket. Have a compression check done on those two cylinder (all cylinders actually). You can sometimes rent a compression gauge from a local auto part store. (They will fully refund you money when you return the tool).

If possible, have a shop to do a cylinder leakage test on those cylinders if the compression test shows low compression. This test forces compressed air into the cylinder. In your case if the air comes out of the ajacent cylinder, it would indicate a blown head gasket, warped or cracked head.

Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement
Brake Pad and Rotor Replacement
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Honda Element
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Brake Pads and Rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front BMW M3