A/C blows hot air

JAHCDP
  • 5 POSTS
  • 1999 CHRYSLER LHS

When you turn on the air conditioning it (might) blow cold for a few minutes then it will start blowing hot, really hot air. Most of the time it just blows hot. Car is not overheating and the coolant is up to correct levels. The compressor is working and you can tell by feeling the evap line that it is cooling. Even checked the system with gauges and the levels of 134 are correct. It just blows hot air all the time. Is there a switch or flap that is failing causing it to change from air to heat?

Friday, July 22nd, 2011 AT 1:12 PM

DOCFIXIT

Does AC control look like diagram?

+5
Friday, July 22nd, 2011 AT 1:38 PM
JAHCDP
  • 5 POSTS

Yes that is it exactly. As another note. If you switch the position of the air as it should come out of the vents or the defrost or down at your feet all this works. Any ideas?

+1
Friday, July 22nd, 2011 AT 1:41 PM
DOCFIXIT

Transmission in park start engine set ACT to 75. Turn blower motor selector counterclockwise to off. Simultaneously press and hold floor, mix and front defrost buttons. Release when ATC begins to blink system will calibrate blend doors. If okay ATC return to normal operation anf "F" "C". If DTC's are present they will be displayed in two digits. Press "mode" button to scroll then post codes.

-1
Friday, July 22nd, 2011 AT 1:59 PM
JAHCDP
  • 5 POSTS

Okay, I am going to go do this now. Any other suggestions after this? Could the ATC control be bad?

Friday, July 22nd, 2011 AT 2:08 PM
JAHCDP
  • 5 POSTS

Did exactly as you asked and the air is staying on now and is nice and cold. Thanks for your advice. Worked great!

Friday, July 22nd, 2011 AT 3:30 PM
DOCFIXIT

Keep the information may happen again as it is a common fault.

Friday, July 22nd, 2011 AT 3:34 PM
JAHCDP
  • 5 POSTS

Got it saved. Thanks again.

Friday, July 22nd, 2011 AT 5:20 PM
CLJONES
  • 1 POST

My car is doing the same thing. I followed your instructions and it gave me a code of 23.

+1
Sunday, April 20th, 2014 AT 6:59 AM