99 BLOWS HOT AIR

1999 Chrysler LHS

jahcdp

July, 22, 2011 AT 1:12 PM

I have a 99 Chrysler LHS. When you turn on the air conditioning it (might) blow cold for a few minutes then it will start blowing hot - really hot air. MOst of the time it just blows hot. Car is not overheating and the coolant is up to correct levels. The compressor is working and you can tell by feeling the evap line that it is cooling. Even checked the system with gages and the levels of 134 are correct. It just blows hot air all the time. Is there a switch or flap that is failing causing it to change from air to heat?

Docfixit

July, 22, 2011 AT 1:38 PM

Does AC control look like diagram?

jahcdp

July, 22, 2011 AT 1:41 PM

Yes that is it exactly. As another note. If you switch the position of the air as it should come out of the vents or the defrost or down at your feet all this works. Any ideas?

Docfixit

July, 22, 2011 AT 1:59 PM

Trans in Park start engine set ACT to 75. Turn blower motor selsctro counterclockwise to off. Simultaneously press and hold floor, mix and front defrost buttons. Release when ATC begings to blink system will calibrate blend doors. If O.K. ATC return to normal operation anf "F" "C". If DTC's are present they will be displayed in two digits. Press MODE button to scroll then post codes

jahcdp

July, 22, 2011 AT 2:08 PM

Ok Im going to go do this now. Any other suggestions after this. Could the ATC control be bad?

jahcdp

July, 22, 2011 AT 3:30 PM

Did exactly as you asked and the air is staying on now and is nice and cold. Thanks for your advice. Worked great!

Docfixit

July, 22, 2011 AT 3:34 PM

Keep info may happen again common fault

jahcdp

July, 22, 2011 AT 5:20 PM

Got it saved. Thanks again.

Cljones

April, 20, 2014 AT 6:59 AM

My car is doing the same thing. I followed your instructions and it gave me a code of 23

Air Conditioner Recharge - Simple
Blend Door Actuator Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Porsche 911