Wipers not working

JONESRSRG
  • 1999 CHRYSLER CONCORDE

The windshield wipers do not work. I checked fuse in drivers side fuse panel it is good. Checked in engine compartment fuse and relay both are good. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sunday, January 16th, 2011 AT 1:05 AM

Check to see if there is power to the motor. If there is, the motor is bad. If there is no power, you need to trace the wiring back to see where it is lost.

Please consider a donation to help us answer more questions.
Friday, January 21st, 2011 AT 9:38 PM
JONESRSRG

I checked motor it is operational. I am thinking it is the switch on the steering column. How do I check this and if it is bad how hard is it to change? I heard you have to take apart the whole steering column? Any help is greatly appreciated. Is there anywhere I can get a wiring diagram for this?

Saturday, January 22nd, 2011 AT 3:07 PM

You need to remove the steering wheel and part of the steering column to access the switch. Since you have an airbag, I recommend having a certified tech do it, but if you cannot, make sure to disconnect the battery at least thirty minutes prior to working around the airbag. Remove the steering wheel (you will need a steering wheel puller). Once it is removed, you should have access to the switch assembly. Check for power in to the switch and out. If there is power in and not out, the switch is bad.

Saturday, January 22nd, 2011 AT 5:19 PM
SUNSHINE1963
  • 1996 CHRYSLER CONCORDE
  • MERGED

Lately my intermittent wipers have decided to work intermittently! I live in the Seattle area and you can imagine how important this is to me. :) One day they will work and then suddenly will stop and only will work on super high and I have to time it just right to stop them or the blades stop in the middle of my windshield! Very frustrating. Do you think there is a short somewhere in the control module?

Friday, December 30th, 2016 AT 1:21 PM
2675TOM
  • 2002 CHRYSLER CONCORDE
  • MERGED

Six cylinder front wheel drive automatic 140,000 miles

Windshield wipers will not turn on. The washer does not work.

Friday, December 30th, 2016 AT 1:22 PM