Car won't start

CRAIGT
  • 1999 CHEVROLET VENTURE
I have a 99 venture with a 3.4. I am not getting a spark. I have recently replaced the plugs (autolite platinum) & wires. It ran good for about a week then I started having problems again. Where should I look next. I have had the control module checked 4 times & it tests good every time.
Friday, December 10th, 2010 AT 4:37 PM

BMRFIXIT
If have spark
next test should be to check for fuel pressure
and fuel pump
+1
Friday, December 10th, 2010 AT 4:51 PM
CRAIGT
If you read the question, I stated I do not have spark. I have fuel in the rail going to the injectors. I have had the control module checked to make sure it was good & it tested good 4 times. I am still not getting fire to the plugs
Friday, December 10th, 2010 AT 5:45 PM
BMRFIXIT
AND YOU STILL HELP !
Friday, December 10th, 2010 AT 11:27 PM
CRAIGT
Your not reading very well. I have fuel pressure. What I don't have is spark.
Saturday, December 11th, 2010 AT 12:12 AM
BMRFIXIT
I was just wondering if still need a help from a blind man and that can not read !
I will still give an opinion on the subject
and supply you with some info on the crank position sensor
if have an access to a scan tool or an OBDII reader should check for codes , if not suspect crank position sensor(CKP)

CKP sensor utilizes a pick-up coil type sensor mounted on side of engine block or on bottom of timing cover. The CKP sensor monitors crankshaft position and sends signals to ignition control module. These signals provide PCM with a TDC position reference for each piston, as well as supplying an engine speed (RPM) signal. This allows PCM to fire appropriate ignition coil at the proper time, determine triggering of the fuel injectors, and to compute crankshaft position and RPM. CKP sensor signal is also used to detect a cylinder misfire by monitoring changes in crankshaft speed
-1
Saturday, December 11th, 2010 AT 12:38 AM
CRAIGT
Thank you. Would the cam position sensor do any of this or no.
Saturday, December 11th, 2010 AT 1:02 AM
BMRFIXIT
Not usually
CAM is used for injectors sync
should try and the codes

Camshaft Position (CMP) Sensor (3.4L)
CMP sensor is located at top of timing cover, behind water pump. As camshaft sprocket turns, a magnet activates Hall Effect switch in CMP sensor. This signal is generated whenever cylinder No. 1 is at TDC of its compression stroke.
This signal is used by PCM to indicate the position of No. 1 piston during its intake stroke. This allows the PCM to calculate true Sequential Fuel Injection (SFI) mode of operation. If sensor should fail while engine is running, engine will continue to run using the last calculated CMP sensor signal to maintain SFI mode. Upon restart, engine will run as long as fault is present with a 1-in-6 chance of injector sequence being correct.
Saturday, December 11th, 2010 AT 1:07 AM
BMRFIXIT
Not usually
CAM is used for injectors sync
should try and get the codes
Saturday, December 11th, 2010 AT 1:11 AM