1999 Chevrolet Tahoe Ignition

BGBDWOLF
  • 1999 CHEVROLET TAHOE
Car will not start. I got it in non-running condition. There is no spark from the distributor or coil. What coild be the most likely cause?
Sunday, March 2nd, 2014 AT 9:56 AM

Check fuses underhood, crank and cam sensors and scan for codes. See if coil puts out to dist if it does may be rotor/cap problem.
Sunday, March 2nd, 2014 AT 10:39 AM
Also see if play in rotor if there is pull dist out and see if gear is torn up if it is replace dist.
Sunday, March 2nd, 2014 AT 10:40 AM
BGBDWOLF
Checked all the fuses and relays. Have power to the coil but none going to the distributer. Checked the Cam sensor and it tested ok. Has new cap, rotor, plugs and wires.
Sunday, March 2nd, 2014 AT 1:08 PM
Check where I've pointed to in pic see if pink wire leading to dist has power. If not check fuse 1 in underhood box and then see if it has power coming out of box it may be a poor connection in fuse box that powers the cam sensor in dist so car wold not run with no power to it. No codes I take it.
Sunday, March 2nd, 2014 AT 2:10 PM
BGBDWOLF
I checked the wiring going to the coil and I have power going to the coil but none coming out. I bought a CP9125 OBD2 pocket scanner and it gave no codes. I checked the cam position sensor with the ohm setting on my voltage tester and it tested ok.
Sunday, March 2nd, 2014 AT 2:55 PM
BGBDWOLF
I checked the pink wire going to the cam positioning sensor and I have 11.5 volts
Sunday, March 2nd, 2014 AT 3:05 PM
Is the coil putting any spark out at all? Also have your ignition control module checked autoparts can do t hat. It's on right side rear of engine by coil. Also check your crank sensor as those are the tow biggies for no starts and runs. You might try pulling crank sensor out and cleaning it sometimes that does it. Also check coolant sensor should have 5640 ohms at 50 degrees an d177 at 212 will be more the colder it is. Otherwise I dont' know what to tellyou.
+1
Sunday, March 2nd, 2014 AT 3:59 PM
BGBDWOLF
Tried checking the coil for spark by using the ol screwdriver trick and got no spark at all. Going to try replacing the coil and having the ignition controle module tested. Thanks for all your help so far. Atleast I know I am working in the right area to try and solve the problem.
Sunday, March 2nd, 2014 AT 4:27 PM
Primary should be.1 ohms and secondary shold be 5000-25000 ohms.
Sunday, March 2nd, 2014 AT 4:31 PM