CHEVY

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe

bhiceman10

My 1999 Chevrolet Tahoe will not start. It cranks but acts as if its not getting fuel. I drove it all day on Saturday and Sunday with no problems. Monday Morning, when I went to work, it would not start.

http://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-cranks-but-wont-start

Cranks but no start condition:

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine at least 3/16 away from ground -have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem,Do you hear the fuel pump come On when you turn key on? If not check fuel pump fuse and fuel pump relay if so, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs,coil's resistances,distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it

bhiceman10

When we turned the key, I did not hear the fuel pump what so ever from the back or the driver's side of the Tahoe

Check the fuel pump fuse and fuel pump relay

bhiceman10

Is there a way to test the fuse without a tester?

Look at the filament if its broken into half-

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Pressure Test