Will a cold air intake performance chip be worth the money to improve milage?

BAD GAS MILAGR
  • 1999 CHEVROLET SUBURBAN
I am trying to improve my gas milage will the cold air intake, performance chip, or a flowmaster be worth the money?
Thursday, September 22nd, 2011 AT 12:10 AM

Honestly, it may help a little, but for you to pay of the investment will take some time. That has been my experience. I drive an Expedition. When I'm lucky, I get 11MPG. If I thought it would help, I would do it, but I'm saving teh money.
Thursday, September 22nd, 2011 AT 12:36 AM
ASEMASTER6371
Not much you can do but keep it serviced with plugs, air and fuel filter and your driving habits. All those aftermarket things do nothing for your mileage. Besides, you spend way too much and it takes a long time to re coup your money if it even did give you more mileage.

Roiy
Thursday, September 22nd, 2011 AT 12:38 AM
I ALWAYS LIKE AS MANY OPINIONS AS I CAN GET WHEN I'M 'SPERIMENTING!...I HAVE 2 JEEPS (THE REAL KIND) I HAVE A CARB ON BOTH. I HAVE TRIED NEARLY EVERY MIRACLE CURE FOR BETTER MPGs...SHORT OF THE "HYDROGEN MAKER" THAT YOU BREW IN A BIG MAYONNAISE JAR UNDER YOUR HOOD, CONNECTED TO "SWITCHABLE" 12 VOLTS!.....YEAH, IT'S ON YOU TUBE TOO!

NOT THAT YOU COULD GIVE A RIP, BUT MY ANSWER TO MPG W/ A CARB IS IN THIS LINK (KEEPS ME FROM HUNTING AND PECKING SO MUCH!

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/1985-jeep-cherokee-inline-6stock-engine-pulse-air-system-need-stock-exhaust-sy

IN THIS NEXT LINK, THE ONE I MADE YOU READ ALL THE WAY TO THE BOTTOM TO GET TO! MAY BE SOME OTHER OPINIONS, AND MAYBE SOME FACT, USING DYNOs TO TEST THE THEORIES OF THESE ADD ON DEVICES. THIS WOULD BE FOR THE NEWER CYBER CARS LIKE YA'LL DRIVE!

LEAST THIS MAY BE 1ST HAND INFO FROM SOMEONE "ACTUALLY" TRYING SOME OF THIS STUFF

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=performance+chip+before+and+after&aq=1&oq=PERFORMANCE+CHIP

LET US KNOW WHAT YOU DECIDE AND WHY, WE LIKE THESE CAR SOAP OPERAS...THAT'S WHY WE DO THIS! YOU MIGHT EVEN "LEARN" US A THING OR TWO!

THIS WAS ONLY MEANT, TO BROADEN YOUR OPTIONS, AS I LIKE, WHEN I ASK QUESTIONS.

Thursday, September 22nd, 2011 AT 1:04 AM
I ALSO MEANT TO ADD IN, CHANGE MY SEARCH WORDING, YOU CAN PROBABLY EXPLORE THIS TOPIC, FOR QUITE SOME TIME

Thursday, September 22nd, 2011 AT 1:09 AM
BAD GAS MILAGR
Thanks for all of your help. I will look at all the options and I will let you guys know the results.
Thursday, September 22nd, 2011 AT 4:19 PM
RACEFAN966
Here it is. I have a cold air intake and a flowmaster cat back as well as a larger throttle body and E3 spark plugs. I did it all for power and ended up gaining 6 mpg. What you need to keep in mind is that an engine is a air pump that burns fuel the more you do to enhance the intake and exhaust you will gain power and mpg.
Tuesday, September 27th, 2011 AT 4:44 AM