Starting

LMOLINA8488
  • 1999 CHEVROLET SILVERADO

On my 1999 chevrolet silverado ext cab it is turning over but won't start what can I check to see where or what the problem is to see if I can fix it my self

Wednesday, February 9th, 2011 AT 1:27 AM

**Cranks but no start condition: Do below to determine whether it's fuel or spark issue:

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine at least 3/16 away from ground -have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, Do you hear the fuel pump come On when you turn key on? If not check fuel pump fuse and fuel pump relay if so, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it.

Wednesday, February 9th, 2011 AT 3:08 AM
LMOLINA8488

The fuel pump does on and theres no spark were else could I look or check

Wednesday, February 9th, 2011 AT 4:14 AM

Check and test for no snapping blue spark read above

Wednesday, February 9th, 2011 AT 5:08 PM