Engine has a bad miss

BUGNBRIAN
  • 1999 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
A 99 silverado with a 4.3. Codes a bad cam shaft position sensor. Sensor, distributor, rotor, plugs, and wires replaced, but the engine miss (really bad miss under moderate load ie. Pulling out of intersections, and up slight grades, etc) still exists and is still just as severe. Is this something that commonly indicates in another issue I have not addressed? Or what should my next course of action be? I have not had another code scan since the work. Also, a little background, the problem began subtly after a mechanic messed with the computer module and the dealership replaced the fuel filter. Both claimed their actions would not have caused the problem (they are both factory certified and credible with good reputations), anyway, I was getting pretty drained financially at this point and lived with it. About a year and a half later and it has become pronounced and worsened really quickly, so here I am. Sorry to be so complicated but thank you so much for the service you provide.
Sunday, March 20th, 2011 AT 5:54 PM

Get the truck scanned for code/s if any comeback with it-Also have the fuel pressure and exhaust system checked
Sunday, March 20th, 2011 AT 11:16 PM
BUGNBRIAN
I, ve always said it feels exactly like a clogged catalytic converter or a gummed up fuel filter. I will let you know what I find out next, but either way, thank you for your time. When you're a poor man like me and raising a son by yourself, kind people like you are really appreciated.
Monday, March 21st, 2011 AT 11:12 AM