99 z71

PAULIE6
  • 1999 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
Just replaced my tranny now engine wont start
Saturday, March 12th, 2011 AT 10:48 PM

Do below to determine if its a fuel or spark issue

http://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-cranks-but-wont-start

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, Do you hear the fuel pump come On when you turn key on? If not check fuel pump fuse and fuel pump relay if okay-check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs,coil's resistances,cap and rotor,distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it and keep testing
Saturday, March 12th, 2011 AT 10:58 PM
PAULIE6
Ichecked the computer with my codescout and eventhough it hasnt started since I unhooked battery a week ago it has po335 code and it has nospark icleared comp and tryed to start it again but the code came back any ideas thanks paul
Monday, March 14th, 2011 AT 3:32 AM
Try replacing the crankshaft position sensor could be your problem with no spark this is the one that tells the computer to fire the coil/s
Monday, March 14th, 2011 AT 4:25 AM
PAULIE6
Thanks it took me a while to find out where the cps was but it was unplugged ha. Got another prob now that it running not to great by the way. The scanner says p0101 maf sensor the engine hesitates when you give it gas. I checked the voltage to it with key on engine off it showed 12v I thought it should be 5v what could be the prob
Thursday, March 17th, 2011 AT 3:27 AM