Passlock system

HARVY DAVIDSON
  • 1999 CHEVROLET S-10
How can I disable the passlock security system on a 1999 Chevrolet S10? Okay, it would not start, the engine cranked over, I looked in the owners Manuel under passlock and it said to let it set for ten minutes. I let it set and it did start, mean while I read in the manual that a blown fuse could disable the system and it would not be protected. I do not need to protect it from theft I live in a very safe area, but I do need it to start for me.
Friday, July 22nd, 2011 AT 10:12 PM

SATURNTECH9
So when it did not start was the security light on solid or flashing?
Friday, July 22nd, 2011 AT 10:44 PM
HARVY DAVIDSON
It was flashing.
+3
Friday, July 22nd, 2011 AT 10:46 PM
CADIEMAN
Pour fuel in the trottle body does it start?
Friday, July 22nd, 2011 AT 11:23 PM
HARVY DAVIDSON
I just waited 10 minutes and it started.
-2
Saturday, July 23rd, 2011 AT 12:38 AM
SATURNTECH9
If the security light was flashing then the fuel injector pulse gets disabled and it will not start I would not pour gas anywhere very dangerous. Also do you know why it did not start? Lack of injector pulse means no fuel. Your starting point would be to get your bcm body control module scanned for codes. A cheap generic scanner will not read the bcm codes. In most cases this will be a repair you would want a shop to do since you do not have the advanced scanner to read the bcm codes and data lack pass lock voltage etc. But lets start with the exact code numbers and go from there and see what we can figure out.
Saturday, July 23rd, 2011 AT 12:41 AM
HARVY DAVIDSON
I will see about getting those.
-1
Saturday, July 23rd, 2011 AT 12:44 AM
SATURNTECH9
Okay keep me posted.
-1
Saturday, July 23rd, 2011 AT 12:47 AM
RENEE
Here is a link to an article that features written instructions and pictures explaining how to do the scan yourself, also I have included a link to our YouTube channel with a how to video on code scanning. Most scanners are inexpensive to purchase, you can purchase one from Amazon.com. Once you have the codes please get back to us so we can further assist you. Thank you for visiting 2CarPros.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/checking-a-service-engine-soon-or-check-engine-light-on-or-flashing

https://youtu.be/YV3TRZwer8k

-1
Monday, May 2nd, 2016 AT 2:46 PM