Passlock system

HARVY DAVIDSON
  • 1999 CHEVROLET S-10
How can I disable the passlock security system on a 1999 Chevrolet S10? Okay, it would not start, the engine cranked over, I looked in the owners Manuel under passlock and it said to let it set for ten minutes. I let it set and it did start, mean while I read in the manual that a blown fuse could disable the system and it would not be protected. I do not need to protect it from theft I live in a very safe area, but I do need it to start for me.
Friday, July 22nd, 2011 AT 10:12 PM

SATURNTECH9
You must have the key on for 30 minutes until the security light stops flashing then turn the key off and then start the engine within 5 seconds. Here is a a guide that will help

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-reset-a-security-system

Please run down this guide and report back

Cheers,
+2
Friday, July 22nd, 2011 AT 10:44 PM
HARVY DAVIDSON
That worked! Thanks you guys I love this site :)
+3
Friday, July 22nd, 2011 AT 10:46 PM
SATURNTECH9
If the security light was flashing then the fuel injector pulse gets disabled and it will not start I would not pour gas anywhere very dangerous. Also do you know why it did not start? Lack of injector pulse means no fuel. Your starting point would be to get your bcm body control module scanned for codes. A cheap generic scanner will not read the bcm codes. In most cases this will be a repair you would want a shop to do since you do not have the advanced scanner to read the bcm codes and data lack pass lock voltage etc. But lets start with the exact code numbers and go from there and see what we can figure out.
Saturday, July 23rd, 2011 AT 12:41 AM
HARVY DAVIDSON
Thanks for the info.
-1
Saturday, July 23rd, 2011 AT 12:44 AM
SATURNTECH9
Okay keep me posted.
-1
Saturday, July 23rd, 2011 AT 12:47 AM