Where is the radiator cap?

MOYERS2009
  • 1999 CHEVROLET MALIBU
My car overheated, we replaced the coolant censor because the fans werent coming on, that lastest a week and it started to overheat again, so we replaced the thermostat. Still overheated. My husband seems to think there is a clog because the coolant comes out of the resovior tank. Ad when he checks the coolant there is absolutely no coolant in it. I want to replace the water pump next, but he apparently ruled the water pump out I do not know why though. I also want to do the radiator flush, but I can not find the radiator cap. I looked online and was told there is none, and when you fill the radiator to do it thru the coolant tank. Can I flush it through that also?
Friday, February 10th, 2012 AT 8:46 PM

FIXITMR
What motor is it? Several gm motors have intake gasket problems and loose coolant that way. Any overheating happening or no heat from heater?
Friday, February 10th, 2012 AT 9:22 PM
MOYERS2009
Its a v6 3.1 L
Friday, February 10th, 2012 AT 9:35 PM
CHEVYFORLIFE
Does the coolant surge tank look like it has sluge inside? If so you probally have intake gaskets going out. Also look at your hoses and see if they look like they are sweating. That would mean you have oil in cooling system.
Saturday, February 11th, 2012 AT 12:06 AM