Any Idea What could be wrong with my car - Won't Start.

DEVXEN
  • 1999 CHEVROLET MALIBU
Any idea what is/could be wrong with my car?

I was At the drive through ordering. And my Car died. And it would not start, it was working fine before that. No weird sounds, no sputtering. Nothing. Just BAM - dead, out of the blue.

(When I turned the wheel. It squealed a little bit. I figured that was the power steering pump. But I did notice it just before - and only if I turned the wheels to far to the side).

When I tried to start it, it sputtered, and my friend commented, thats what it sounds like/acts, when her car is out of Gas. - I had just under a 1/4th a tank of Gas so that likely wasn't it. I towed it home the next day.

I had a friend look at it Who said it has compression issues. - And then commented that possibly it is a valve spring stuck open. - He offered to do compression tests for $50 an hour and tow it to his house to do it.

Another friend looked at it. Checked the fuses. Checked the spark plugs. All were fine. - When he throttled it from the engine, it started, and stayed started for about 20 minutes, but was running rough/stuttered. He said. It could be the the Crank sensor. Maybe A valve Spring. He did listen for the fuel pump, and must have heard it, so was'nt concerned that could of been it. My brother just sent me a message saying it could be the Fuel Filter.

If you need any more info, ask. Or if you have any ideas, i'd appriciate them. Thank you.
Thursday, August 11th, 2011 AT 12:05 AM

CADIEMAN
Pour fuel in the throttle body does it start. Youll also gonna need a fuel pressure gauge to check the pressure.
Thursday, August 11th, 2011 AT 1:08 AM
DEVXEN
Okee. I'm not sure where the throttle body is. But i'm sure I can find that on google. And a fuel pressure gauge, i'll pick up from the local autozone.
Thursday, August 11th, 2011 AT 1:11 AM
CADIEMAN
Take the air filter off. The throttle body is round in the middle of motor. This sounds like a bad fuel pump.
Thursday, August 11th, 2011 AT 2:13 AM