HOW TO FIX CAR THT STARTS WHEN ITS COOL OUT BUT WONT WHEN ITS HOT OUTSIDE OR CAR HAS GOT HOT FROM DRIVING?

1999 Chevrolet Cavalier

tishadugger25

July, 3, 2012 AT 6:32 PM

Car will start fine first thing of a morning while its not so hot outside but once the temperature is hot and the car gets hot then its will start when u turn key for a split second and then shuts off and will continue to do this until the next morning. We have replaced the fuel pump, fuel filter and the throttle/pedal position sensor and it continues to do this same thing. Also when it wont stay running my mileage wont come on its digital and my speed gage wont tell me how fast im going and the gas gauge is reading how much gas is in car. Can someone please help with this problem because car has been sitting for 6 months now and need it to get fixed.

tishadugger25

July, 3, 2012 AT 6:35 PM

I mean my gas gauge isnt reading how much gas it has when it will start and shut right off every time u try and start it.

July, 4, 2012 AT 12:10 AM

What is the actual fuel pressure?

Could be a coolant sensor.

The interior issues could be bad connection, like grounds that are dirty and loose

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe