STARTING PROBLEM

1999 Chevrolet Blazer

hawkeye882

November, 13, 2013 AT 5:56 AM

Ok, Since the weather has started to get colder the problem has started. I have had problems with the distributor cap fouling, have recently changed it out, plugs and wire changed 6 months ago. The engine will turn over, but not start. I ran the battery down the other day trying to start the vehicle, in the mean time I changed the fuel filter. When I was able I jumped the vehicle off and it started and ran fine, however the next morning it started again. I had the battery checked and it was bad, so now a new battery and still the same thing. The engine will turn over but not start, it will sputter like it fires for a second and then die, but when I hook up another car to jump it the vehicle starts first crank and runs fine. I did try an new coil and there was no change. Could it be the ignition control module or maybe the fuel pump?

Wrenchtech

November, 13, 2013 AT 6:23 AM

Get an accurate fuel pressure gauge and monitor the fuel pressure while this is occurring. This engine requires a minimum or 55PSI to run and it should be even higher.

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement