PROBLEM WITH STARTING

1999 Chevrolet Blazer

hawkeye882

November, 13, 2013 AT 11:23 AM

Ok, Since the weather has started to get colder the problem has started. I have had problems with the distributor cap fouling, have recently changed it out, plugs and wire changed 6 months ago. The engine will turn over, but not start. I ran the battery down the other day trying to start the vehicle, in the mean time I changed the fuel filter. When I was able I jumped the vehicle off and it started and ran fine, however the next morning it started again. I had the battery checked and it was bad, so now a new battery and still the same thing. The engine will turn over but not start, it will sputter like it fires for a second and then die, but when I hook up another car to jump it the vehicle starts first crank and runs fine. The coil has been replaced.

hmac300

November, 13, 2013 AT 12:07 PM

Check engi 1fuse ecmfuse1 as well as ignE all are in the underhood fuse box. This means actually removing them and looking at the fuse and see if contacts are corroded. If they are clean them then use dielectric grease if you hae an available. They do have it at auto parts stores. You might try resetting your anti theft see pic

hawkeye882

November, 13, 2013 AT 12:51 PM

Cannot view or print picture.

hmac300

November, 13, 2013 AT 12:53 PM

Turn the key on an dwhen you see security light on leave the key on until the light goes out. Do this 2 more times that resets your security system. You may have to leave it on for up to 10 minutes

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Replacement