1999 Cadillac Deville STS Deville

JESSICAZAMUDIO
  • 1999 CADILLAC DEVILLE
My cadillac was over heating so my boyfriends friend who is a mechanic replaced my water pump when he put the car back together he realized a hose was damaged and needed to be replaced so day two he replaced the hose. When he was done with that the car would not start it would almost start but not all the way he had me feel the fuel lines (I think thats what they were) you could feel the fuel flowing as you try to start it then after trying to start the gas flow would stop and the car would not start, After trying for a while the gas under the hood actually caught on fire! We quickly stopped the fire with buckets of water. On Day 3 He changed the fuel pump! However the car is still not starting. Now the thought is it is possibly a spark plugs or I think they said fuel line?

The thing that is bothersome about this is prior to the water pump repair the car started fine!

Is it possible the Cadillac has a secret button or fuse that needs to be pushed or replaced? Please tell me something is simply being over looked!

I love this car However at the least I need to get it started to use as a trade in on a new car 8-(

Can You Help?

Thank you!

Jessica Zamudio.

Tuesday, August 6th, 2013 AT 11:18 PM

Try resetting your security system see pic.
Wednesday, August 7th, 2013 AT 7:10 AM