Here's the latest.
After all the replacing of components, I believe I told you the high idle issue is gone, and the next troubling issue was random misfire. To get you up to speed I had done the following:
1. Replaced the plugs, coils, wires
2. Checked for power to the ICM, and it was good.
3. Cleaned the EGR passages and replaced the gasket.
4. Checked the Fuel Injectors for power and operation.
5. Checked the positive terminals on the ICM for power with coils removed all good.
6. Put Seafoam cleaner in fuel tank for first tank after all the maintenance, improved performance, but still had initial ramdom misfire but not as severe as before, and only lasted till the car was warmed up.
7. Replaced the fuel filter ( it was a mess plenty of trashy fluid came out). Replacing the fuel filter has also improved engine performance, although still slight misfire, but even less than before.
8. One more Seafoam application this morning after I filled tank with misfire, and now (fingers crossed) I do not seem to have the misfire. After the Seafoam application in the vac system, and fuel, whatever was there, seems to be gone.
I will update you later for progress.I can say that I have, for the first time, accelerated the car above 90 MPH! I've never been this fast in my car LOL. So acceleration is very peppy, and the car sips fuel. Again a final update later.
Friday, October 26th, 2012 AT 1:41 PM