1999 ACURA INTEGRA PUT THE WRONG SPARK PLUGS

• 2CarPros-Archives
  • 1999 Acura Integra
  • automatic

1999 Acura Integra mileage: 156,000. I had a mechanic who put the wrong spark plugs in my car. Now I am losing compression in the cylinders. Could you please tell me how the spark plug works and why it caused a carbon build up which led to a loss in compression in my engine?

Friday, October 8th, 2010 AT 12:34 AM

• 2CarPros-Archives

Putting the wrong spark plugs in your car would not cause a compression loss in the cylinders. They would also not cause a carbon build-up in the cylinders. Putting the correct spark plugs in your engine should correct any problems you are having.

Friday, October 8th, 2010 AT 12:36 AM
  • cadieman

OK WORD LOVER IT'S EITHER OIL OR WATER.
OIL CAN GET TO THE PLUGS THROUGH BAD VALVE STEM SEALS IN THE HEADS.
WATER GETS INTO THE CYLINDERS DUE TO A LEAKING HEAD GASKET.
FOR THE AMOUNT OF YOU DRIVE I WOULD PICK UP 2 ANTI OIL FOULING ADAPTERS.
IT'S A LITTLE ROUND ADAPTER THAT SCREWS ON THE SPARK PLUG. IT HOLDS THE PLUGS APROX. ONE HALF OF A INCH AWAY FROM THE HEAD. THEY LOOK LIKE LITTLE HAT FOR THE PLUGS. THESE KEEP THE PLUG FROM FOULING. THE 2 PLUGS LOOK LIKE WATER DAMAGE. DO YOU HAVE ADD COOLANT IN BETWEEN OIL CHANGES? LOOK UNDER THE OIL CAP. DO YOU SEE ANY SLUG OR A JELLY SUBSTANCE?

Sunday, August 10th, 2014 AT 12:37 PM