TEMPERATURE

1998 Vauxhall Corsa

diddypips66

May, 5, 2012 AT 9:58 AM

I have a 1998 S Reg 1.4 Corsa. Issue is Temp gauge is going into the red after a few miles of starting. Checked Coolant and cold there is nothing in the tank. So as per my manual i've topped up to just above the kalt level with required water/antifreeze. Drove for a while after a short time same issue temp in the red. Checked level again and with engine warm the level was just above kalt. As the engine cooled the level in the well disappeared and became empty again. Just to the left of the well I could hear water bubbling. Im no mechanic so not got a clue whats happening. Is it a leak? Or is it the pump maybe. Is this something I can rectify myself or do I need to take it in? Any help would be much appreciated Regards Graham

Temp Gauge

mhpautos

May, 5, 2012 AT 1:34 PM

You will have to go get a cooling system pressure test done first, this will show up any external leaks, do this as a first check and report what is found.

Radiator Replacement Kia Sportage
Radiator Replacement Mercedes Benz ML 500
Thermostat Replacement Chrysler PT Cruiser
Thermostat Replacement Chevrolet Blazer