MY COROLLA DIES WHEN I TURN THE HEADLIGHTS ON OR...

• justincoleman
  • 1998 Toyota Corolla

My corolla dies when I turn the headlights on or turn signals

Sunday, February 17th, 2013 AT 12:12 AM

• mhpautos

Check battery condition and alt charg rate.

-2
Sunday, February 17th, 2013 AT 12:39 AM
  • justincoleman

That's the first thing I tried. So I disconnect the combination switch (turn signal & headlight switch), & the vehicle will stay running, actually it stays running as long as u don't hit either of the mentioned switches. The brake light comes on and it seems to act up more when this light is on. Someone says the daylight illumination module, relay? I'm running out of ideas. I've switched all relays around, etc. I have thought about replacing the combination switch but it will randomly die even with the switch disconnected. The headlights don't work at all.

-1
Tuesday, February 19th, 2013 AT 1:01 AM
  • lopezcorolla1998

Justin,
I know this post is 3 yrs old, but im having same issue with my 1998 corolla, how you u fix it or what I need to do to fix this. I cant drive the dam car much cause as soon as I turn lights on or turn signals the car stalls, brake light also flickers and/or turns on. Thanks in advance.

-1
Thursday, June 23rd, 2016 AT 5:44 AM