EGR code throwing engine light have to pass emissions state test

ZACHB657
  • 1998 TOYOTA CAMRY
(Toyota Camry 1998 2.2 liter 4 cylinder) Hi im having an issue with my egr code causing the engine light to stay on. I have lubed the valve with wd 40. The valve appears to be working when I manually apply pressure to it with my finger. When I give the car more throttle the egr appears to be moving and functioning. I also cleaned the modulator and filter as well. All vacuum lines in the egr system are good. Where is the electronic sensor on the car that throws the insufficent flow egr code located? That is the only code that the ecu is throwing! I live in tenneese and have to pass emissions. What do I need to do to get this working? Is there a work around on the egr sensor. I have heard that I can install a resistor on the sensor and fool the ecu into thinking the system is ok. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Friday, August 31st, 2012 AT 4:13 AM

KHLOW2008
What is the trouble code you are getting?
Friday, August 31st, 2012 AT 4:24 AM