AC AIRFLOW MODE DOES NOT CHANGE

1998 Toyota Camry

hidme

July, 5, 2012 AT 4:03 AM

98 Camry, ac airflow mode does not change. Now it stays blowing front, can not change to floor or any other mode.

caradiodoc

July, 5, 2012 AT 5:14 AM

If your system uses vacuum controls to move the mode doors, check for a cracked or disconnected vacuum hose on the engine or a restricted check valve near the firewall.

July, 5, 2012 AT 1:15 PM

Check the air outlet servomotor. It is most probably stuck and not changing the air mode.

hidme

July, 9, 2012 AT 2:50 PM

I opened central console and lower panel at drverside. Check the ac mode swith, it looks fine(That thing looks hard to have problem, but the continuity checking is different from manual(I think manaul is wrong, for different model or my car has diferent switch). I still have problem of reaching servomotor. Can anyone give some hint?

Wrenchtech

July, 9, 2012 AT 3:12 PM

Look under the dash on the driver's side and look to the right. You may have to remove a hush panel and/or vent tube.

July, 9, 2012 AT 3:15 PM

You need to remove the air duct # 13 to get at the servomotor.

Thses are the instructions from our database.

Removal & Installation

Disconnect negative battery cable. Remove instrument panel lower finish panel. Remove air duct. Remove air outlet servomotor. To install, reverse removal procedure.

Is yours manual or automatic climate control system? Our database only shows the manual system.

hidme

July, 9, 2012 AT 3:45 PM

The manual I have is bought from autozone long time ago. It is manaul. It does not metion servomotor.

Wrenchtech

July, 9, 2012 AT 4:07 PM

It's a servomotor

http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa448/Wrenchtech/79348966.gif

http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa448/Wrenchtech/79348967.gif

July, 9, 2012 AT 4:36 PM

Manual system uses a sevomotor as well as the controls are electrical and not by manual linkages.

hidme

July, 10, 2012 AT 1:45 PM

I finally got it off. It stop at some position when I try to to turn the switch. Is it repairable?

Wrenchtech

July, 10, 2012 AT 2:05 PM

You have to determine whether the motor is bad or one of the doors is stuck/broken.

Change Your Blower Fan Motor Like a Pro
Blend Door Actuator Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Honda Civic
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Saturn Vue