1998 SL2 AUTOMATIC 98000 MILES 12 TIMES PER DAY ...

1998 Saturn SL2

Anonymous

October, 29, 2012 AT 11:20 PM

1998 SL2 Automatic 98,000 miles 1-2 times per day very hard to start. It acts like it is going to start but takes a long time to turn over. Some smoke has started coming from the tail pipes but not all the time. Finally will start but then will sometimes die when I put it into gear to move it. It will then idle and run fine for the most part but sometimes will stall out at a light or stop sign. I have to pump the accelerator like I used to do with my car from the early years. No check engine light has come on for this. But it seems to be getting worse. I don't know where to start, some people say the battery, some say the starter, some say the radiator is causing it because it overheats every now and then. Please help, I don't have a lot of money and do not want to have to spend unnecessary money.

saturntech9

October, 29, 2012 AT 11:25 PM

It sounds like a bad coolant temp sensor/connector from the symptoms and the overheating only sometimes. Also have you checked for codes?