1998 Nissan Altima Defrost

MBOUCHER
  • 1998 NISSAN ALTIMA

When I turn my defrost on my car stalls out. I took my car to my mechanic a month ago and spent 650$$ to fix my AC system, get a tune up and clean my throttle plate. The car has a high pitched noise coming from the right side of the car ( passenger side) that comes and goes. Of course when I took my car to my mechanic it didn't make the noise, but now all the problems are back. Any ideas?

Wednesday, July 10th, 2013 AT 8:35 AM

WRENCHTECH

Does the AC still work?

Wednesday, July 10th, 2013 AT 9:02 AM
MBOUCHER

Yes the AC still works. I just tried all the settings and when I put it on defrost with the AC on, on level 1 the light right below defrost is red. Not sure what that means? And today it doesn't stall out, but yesterday it did. It defiantly lowers the RPMs thought. Almost stalling out.

Wednesday, July 10th, 2013 AT 11:28 AM
WRENCHTECH

So, the compressor is running and you are actually getting cold air? I ask because the AC compressor being locked up would be about the only thing that could kill and engine when defrost was turned on. Other than that, just look at all your fuses.

Wednesday, July 10th, 2013 AT 11:56 AM