1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse Knocking/Popping

SHAD0WSODA
  • 1998 MITSUBISHI ECLIPSE
  • TURBO
I have a 1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse that has had a ton of work put into it, however since I've owned the car there has been an alarming "popping" noise everytime I make a sharp right hand turn but only when its under power. I believe it to be something with the transmission because you can literally see the wheel stopping and "popping" while the noise is occurring. I dont have much experience with transmissions and was hoping to find out a little more information if possible. Thanks for all/any help!
Monday, August 3rd, 2015 AT 3:39 PM

How do you see the wheel make a popping sound? Are you running alongside the car or hanging your head out the window? If you can see movement in a wheel, that's a serious suspension problem that should be inspected at a tire and alignment shop. They're experts at finding the causes of rattles, popping, and other noises and vibrations. You will not see the results of transmission problems.
Monday, August 3rd, 2015 AT 7:38 PM