1998 Mercury Sable CPS

GARCIAS45
  • 1998 MERCURY SABLE
I'm not at this point yet, but I have done a valve job and all the valves are free and easy to slide up and down, and I am now putting new injector parts on the injectors because of wear. I need to know will a crankshaft positioning sensor cause a low compression no start situation on my sable. I have not started the car yet but I worry I will still have the same problem so this is a step I feel will be my next to try. I know the timing is good so this is my last resort other than a new motor (I hope not). And thanks for all your help I am sick of this car.
Thursday, July 18th, 2013 AT 6:18 PM

The crank sensor will not cause low compression. If the valves have been redone in the heads and you have low compression, try a wet compression test. That is where you shoot a few shots of oil in the cylinder and then check for compression. If the compression increases, the rings are bad. If it is still low, the valves or a headgasket could be the issue.
Thursday, July 18th, 2013 AT 6:40 PM