1998 Jeep Cherokee no spark

STELLA25
  • 1998 JEEP CHEROKEE
Hi I have a 98 jeep cherokee sport I have no spark I have my self changed the cap rotor coil crankshaft p sensor turns over gets gas but no spark need help
Wednesday, March 12th, 2014 AT 2:06 PM

YOU GOT ANY JUICE TO THE COIL?

HERE'S A PIC OF CHECKING MY '77 CJ 5. NOT EXACTLY THE SAME SET UP. THE TECHNIQUE IS THE SAME. INSURE YOUR KEY IS "ON" FOR THE TEST

YOUR TURN

Wednesday, March 12th, 2014 AT 3:14 PM
STELLA25
No spark to the coil plugs nothing could it be the engine computer
Wednesday, March 12th, 2014 AT 4:18 PM
LET'S CHECK OUT EZ STUFF 1ST---THEN MOVE ON TO THE HARDER STUFF

GONNA MAKE THIS EZ FOR YOU TO TRACE OUT POSSIBILITIES

SENDING 3 DIAGRAMS----MAY BE EZier TO PRINT THEM AND TAPE THE CORRESPONDING WIRES TOGETHER

START ON PAGE ONE---LEFT SIDE AT TOP---"COIL" (WIRE 1 [GRAY] AND WIRE 2 DARK GREEN/ ORANGE)

FOLLOW THE POSITIVE WIRE---A HIGHLIGHTER WILL AID YOU---FOLLOW ANY "TEEs" THE WIRE MAKES

TRACE THEM THRU THE DIAGRAMS---YOU WILL FIND THAT SOMEWHERE ALONG THE WAY ---"FUSES" (MAYBE MORE THAN ONE)COOL THING IS "MITCHELL I" HAS THEM NUMBERED! SO YOU MIGHT GO STRAIGHT TO THE RIGHT ONE QUICK.

THERE MAYBE BE RELAYS TOO. THEY GO BAD. SOMETIMES AS A TEST. YOU CAN SWAP IT'S IDENTICAL TWIN (LIKE FROM POWER WINDOWS ETC) BEFORE YOU RUSH OUT AND BUY ONE, TO SEE IF THAT IS THE PROBLEM

"MITCHELL" ALSO GIVES LOCATIONS OF COMPONENTS YOU COME ACROSS

ANYWHERE YOU FIND A "SWITCH" ALONG THE POSITIVE WIRE----THIS COULD BE A POTENTIAL FAILURE POINT. LIKE MAYBE THE NEUTRAL SAFETY SWITCH, FOR INSTANCE. ANYTHING COULD BE BROKE/ BECOME DISCONNECTED/ WIRE BREAKS

WITH A VOLTMETER OR EVEN A 12 VOLT TEST LIGHT. YOU CAN FOLLOW VOLTAGES TO EACH "SWITCH". LOCATE IT COMING AND GOING AT EACH COMPONENT ALONG THE WAY. REMEMBER THAT THE SWITCH/ RELAY MUST BE "ON" OR "MADE" TO TRACE VOLTAGES THRU IT

CHECK THE EZ STUFF 1ST. BEFORE YOU GET INVOLVED!

K APISH?

RETURN HERE FAST WITH GOOD NEWS!

-1
Wednesday, March 12th, 2014 AT 4:55 PM