Other items to check if your pads are worn include:
* Hardware may be causing the pads to not move freely. This can cause premature wear as the pads may be in constant contact with the rotor. It could also be a malfunctioning caliper.
* Caliper slides that are binding or seized can cause this condition.
* Caliper slides should be removed cleaned and lubricated (and replaced if corroded).
* Installing new pads on an unfinished rotor will significantly decrease the life of the pads.
* Rear brakes that are not working efficiently will cause the front brakes to work harder, causing premature wear to the front pads and rotors.
Friday, April 8th, 2011 AT 7:00 PM