My Civic start problem in morning or after 10 hours (approx)

• 1998 HONDA CIVIC

Dear Experts,

I have honda civic 98. I am facing the starting problem in morning and when I start the car after 8 to 10 hours. After running, the car run very fine and smooth and no plroblem. I have change the battery, Fuel pump, Spark plugs, Air & Fuel filter, replace wires, tapped are loose, fuel injectors are clean & Ok. Please help me for this issue. Thanks,

Tuesday, February 14th, 2012 AT 8:21 AM

All "crank, no start" conditions are approached in the same way. Every engine requires certain functions to be able to run. Some of these functions rely on specific components to work and some components are part of more than one function so it is important to see the whole picture to be able to conclude anything about what may have failed. Also, these functions can ONLY be tested during the failure. Any other time and they will simply test good because the problem isn't present at the moment.
If you approach this in any other way, you are merely guessing and that only serves to replace unnecessary parts and wastes money.

Every engine requires spark, fuel and compression to run. That's what we have to look for.

These are the basics that need to be tested and will give us the info required to isolate a cause.

1) Test for spark at the plug end of the wire using a spark tester. If none found, check for power supply on the + terminal of the coil with the key on.

2) Test for injector pulse using a small bulb called a noid light. If none found, check for power supply at one side of the injector with the key on.

3) Use a fuel pressure gauge to test for correct fuel pressure, also noticing if the pressure holds when key is shut off.

Once you have determined which of these functions has dropped out,
you will know which system is having the problem.

Tuesday, February 14th, 2012 AT 11:00 AM