How to fix dashboard brake light, or find out what is wrong with brakes

CRYSTALCARLY
  • 1998 HONDA ACCORD
The past 2 days the brake light on the dashboard has been coming on. The wierd part is that it only comes on when I press the gas while driving. It does not come on when pressing the gas in neutral or park, it comes on after releasing the brake and pressing the gas. If I let the car coast for a bit and then press the gas or if I just let the car coast then the light does not come on, it stays off until I brake and press gas again. The light always turns off as soon as I press the brakes.

The check engine light is on, but when I had it scanned yesterday it just said problems with the O2 sensors, which are fine because I just replaced them within the past 2 months. Also, I have been told/reasearched/read that this year honda's check engine light comes on randomly with nothing really wrong with the car. I don't remember the exact code numbers, I just remember what they mean. But I will get them to you if you need them. The maitenance required light is on also, but that went on when I needed the catylitic converter replaced and have not been able to turn it off since due to the fact that you need the stock radio in the car and I only have a aftermarket one.

I am not sure what to do about the dashboard brake light and it is freaking me out and I am worried that something might actually be wrong with the brakes. I have checked the brake fluids and the brakes themselves which all seem fine. What else should I do?
Saturday, March 24th, 2012 AT 10:05 PM

Try testing the check valve and brake booster
+1
Saturday, March 24th, 2012 AT 10:19 PM