Overheating

HYPNOTICHUFFMAN
  • 1998 FORD TAURUS
Hot. I checked the oil its not milky. And water shoots out the coolant res and the heater doesn't wo
Monday, October 3rd, 2011 AT 10:50 PM

HYPNOTICHUFFMAN
It only runs hot in drive and reverse
Monday, October 3rd, 2011 AT 10:53 PM
PROAUTOTECH
A blown head gasket doesnt have to be indicated by milky oil or coolant. That would be my first guess for it shooting as you say it. Fot the heat not working, I just fixed that same car with a garden hose. May possibly be linked if it is a complete blockage. There are two black hoses coming from the firwall, thay go to the heater core, one is in and one is out. It comes from the water pump. Try unplugging both of them, and holding a garden hose on to it, if you can get it to flush freely through the other open end, you either got it unclogged or it wasn't clogged to begin with. Try that first, it won't cost you anything. You can make a fancy fitting, or just plug the black hose into the garden hose and wrap a rag around it if you don't mind possibly getting wet, with a coolant cocktail. Make sure the car isn't hot, unless you like to get burned too.
Tuesday, October 4th, 2011 AT 12:15 AM
HYPNOTICHUFFMAN
I askd a shop they said it sounded like a water pump I hope its not a head gasket I just bought it
Tuesday, October 4th, 2011 AT 1:38 AM
PROAUTOTECH
Could be water pump, how does it feel when you spin it? Is it leaking out the weep hole? You may not be able to tell without removing it. But, you mustn't be driving it until we figure it out, or else it will be the head gasket.
Tuesday, October 4th, 2011 AT 2:35 AM