1998 Ford Ranger Radio Speaker Wiring

THEORPS
  • 1998 FORD RANGER
Truck did not come with factory radio or speaker wiring. I want to connect new radio to existing radio wiring harness, which includes speaker wires running to unknown location. I need to know the location where the radio wiring harness connects to so I can connect my new speaker wires to the same junction box, just like it would have been done at the factory.
Sunday, March 26th, 2017 AT 8:05 PM

There are plugins available for this for like $20 or so and all the wires are marked so you can just plug it in then wire it from t here. There are three wires for power so to keep clock running etc. And memory on radio
Monday, March 27th, 2017 AT 6:32 AM
THEORPS
I have the aftermarket wiring harness from the radio to the factory harness. But where do I connect the speaker wires coming from the speakers? Do I have to splice into the harness wires? There are four pairs of speaker connection wires as part of the factory harness running to some location/connection board somewhere - that is where I should connect the speaker wires that I installed, just like it would have been done at the factory. Where is that location/connection board? Thank you for helping.
Monday, March 27th, 2017 AT 7:52 AM
Do you have the speakers already in the truck? If not it may have not been wired for that. Dummy me I forgot to send the diagram to you. See pic the sires will be int he harness leading to the radio connection.
Monday, March 27th, 2017 AT 9:26 AM
THEORPS
I installed speakers and ran wires from the speakers to the radio location. I can splice the speaker wires to the color codes you provided, but I was hoping there is a terminal board or something that the speaker wires would connect to - the same terminal board that the factory wiring harness connects to.
Monday, March 27th, 2017 AT 10:18 AM
There is no terminal board it's a plugin or connector if it's not there then its been eliminated by someone
Monday, March 27th, 2017 AT 11:58 AM
THEORPS
Thank you for trying to help. The factory plugin harness to the radio connector is there. So the speaker signal comes out of the radio, through the factory harness wires, and then wires from the factory plugin harness go deep into to the dash somewhere, without the option to connect directly to the new speaker wires I installed. The wires that go deep into the dash somewhere includes the four pairs of speaker wires that I need to connect my speaker wires to. If I new where the four pairs of speaker wires terminate, I could connect my speaker wires to them at that point. Otherwise, I have to cut/intercept these wires between the plugin and the unknown location to connect my speaker wires.
Monday, March 27th, 2017 AT 12:38 PM
The speaker wires terminate at the speakers if you want to plug into the speaker/radio connector you have to get one that matches up and that would be a dealer item as well as the terminal ends that go into the connector. Those wires for everything for radio should be right behind the existing connector
Monday, March 27th, 2017 AT 3:17 PM