Why does my truck die when I try to put it into gear?

SHAWPK
  • 1998 FORD EXPLORER
My 98 Explorer will stall when I try to shift it into drive or reverse? It only does this when it is cooled down (like when it's sitting over night). When we start it - it idles well and always fires right up, but we have wait till it is warmed up before we try moving it, or it wont stay running. We cleaned the intake, MAF, and put a new motorcraft IAC, on it. No change. It drives and shifts very well. No problems with it dieing in motion or at stop lights. Has no codes. The OD light doesn't flash or act different in any way if we turn it on it's on if we shut it off its off. Any thoughts racking our brain here. Thanks
Wednesday, June 13th, 2012 AT 6:00 PM

DOCFIXIT
Suspect ECT in intake left of throttle body. With OHM meter and engine cold measure across terminals should read 40K ohms or higher then as engine warms resistence should drop
Wednesday, June 13th, 2012 AT 6:33 PM