Now the anti theft is blinking

JC1
  • 1998 FORD EXPLORER

Have 98 ford explorer fuel pump went out put new in now the anti theft is blinking. Have done the lock unlock trick to reset and still wont start.

have unhooked battery for 15 mins, put key in outside door left to right and the anti theft is still blinking. Car will not start

Friday, March 2nd, 2012 AT 8:01 PM

SATURNTECH9

When you replaced the fuel pump did you unhook the battery at that time?

-1
Friday, March 2nd, 2012 AT 8:43 PM
JC1

-1
Friday, March 2nd, 2012 AT 9:00 PM
WRENCHTECH

Do you have another key to try?

Friday, March 2nd, 2012 AT 9:01 PM
JC1

No. Was giving only one when I bought the car 4 years ago

Friday, March 2nd, 2012 AT 9:03 PM
SATURNTECH9

Sometimes they forget the keys when the battery is unhooked.

Friday, March 2nd, 2012 AT 9:10 PM
JC1

So. What now get key reprogrammed? Or can u just bypass the antitheft?

+1
Friday, March 2nd, 2012 AT 9:14 PM
WRENCHTECH

Can't be bypassed, has to be repaired and that may require the dealer.

Friday, March 2nd, 2012 AT 9:16 PM
JC1

Can a locksmith reprogram the key and system. Instantkey. Trying cheap way too fix. Dealer will cost alot. There has too be a way too fix this stupid thing.

Friday, March 2nd, 2012 AT 9:21 PM
SATURNTECH9

I would say your best bet would be the dealer since you dont have a back up key to try. And they would have all the equipment to diagnose and repair it.

Friday, March 2nd, 2012 AT 9:21 PM
SATURNTECH9

Iam not sure if a lock smith can reprogam those keys. Wrenchtech any thoughts or info on lock smiths programinmg those keys?

Friday, March 2nd, 2012 AT 9:23 PM
JC1

I have a friend that put it on the computer but its set up for german cars. Lol so it wouldnt let him reset the system. If I find an american computer will that reset it.

Friday, March 2nd, 2012 AT 9:30 PM
SATURNTECH9

You can try to scan it and get codes but unless you buy a ford scan tool they use at the dealer or one that it is very advanced and expensive which which the dealer one would be. You would be out of luck. Lets start by seeing if you canget some codes. Please post exact code numbers not code descriptions.

Friday, March 2nd, 2012 AT 9:37 PM
JC1

Ok. I will get back too u when I get them from him. Thanks

Friday, March 2nd, 2012 AT 9:41 PM
WRENCHTECH

Even if they could program the key, at this point you don't even know if that is the problem.

Friday, March 2nd, 2012 AT 9:43 PM
TONY45UK

Tony45uk I had exacly the same problem auto electrician after thoughseach serviced some dirty connections now all is well will findout exactly what was done and re post

Thursday, March 8th, 2012 AT 8:17 AM
TONY45UK

Tony45uk serviced angle crank sensor tested all socket test resistor or for resistance service wasjust a good clean this technician was very ofey my symptom were access to car allowed would turn over but not start antitheft light blinking fuel pump not working now allis well

Thursday, March 8th, 2012 AT 9:07 AM
WRENCHTECH

[quote]tony45uk serviced angle crank sensor tested all socket test resistor or for resistance service wasjust a good clean this technician was very ofey my symptom were access to car allowed would turn over but not start antitheft light blinking fuel pump not working now allis well[/quote]

If you're going to answer a question, please type something that at least can be understood and make some sort of sense.

Thursday, March 8th, 2012 AT 11:33 AM
TONY45UK

Tony45uk wrenchtech sorry IDONT MEET your standards only trying to help not good at this sort of thing Iam just a motorist but the upshot is my explorer is working fine after being told all the many things that can be wrong by experts bieng really worried the problem was resolved quickly and cheaply luckily by a auto electrician who is conversant with fords the symptoms were exactly same as stated by jc1

Thursday, March 8th, 2012 AT 8:48 PM
WRENCHTECH

My standards? I like to see anyone understand what was said in the gibberish of your previous answer.

Please consider a donation if we helped you
Thursday, March 8th, 2012 AT 9:07 PM
TONY45UK

Tony45uk to jc1 all the problems you are expreriencing I recently had with my explorer I have owned this vehcle for 14 years I AM IN DURBAN ZA where are you all the things you are being told I was told luckily I have now got technicians who are conversant with this vehcle it was rectified quickly and cheaply would this help

Thursday, March 8th, 2012 AT 10:00 PM