LEAKING TRANSMISSION FROM BELLHOUSING

1998 Dodge Ram

dc9386

October, 22, 2013 AT 9:57 AM

Ok so I bought the truck and it was slowly leaking from the bell housing. I figured the pump seal. So this weekend I dropped the transmission and replaced the seal. Within a hour the dang thing was leaking again and is leaking worse. It started leaking the old fluid that was left trapped inside my transmission and then within a day the new fluid started coming out. Today I took it to a transmission shop and they told me that there was to much pressure inside my transmission and a flare from 2nd to 3rd (So basically a slip). I have yet to pick the truck up and am wondering if I hooked up the transmission throttle cable spring back up. I have never felt it slip, so I am thinking that I did not hook that up and the cable is sticking a little causing the over pressurization and causing it to leak out of the seal. Does this make and sense you or am I going to need a rebuild?

Jacobandnickolas

October, 22, 2013 AT 5:30 PM

The spring you mentioned shouldn't cause this. If the NEW seal is leaking, chances are the torque converter is worn where it goes through the seal.

If the transmission was shifting properly, it should be okay.