1998 Chevrolet Blazer fuel pump

MKCKARRICK
  • 1998 CHEVROLET BLAZER
My blazer been running little rough.I put new plug in and new rotor and rotor cap new plugs wires. That did not help. So then I went to check my fuel pressure. With key on pump running psi 62 with pump off psi 56 with car running 56 psi. Get car about 2000 rpm psi about 60. Plz help thanks matthew
Sunday, October 11th, 2015 AT 12:28 PM

Fuel pressure seems ok, scan for codes and check for vacuum leaks.
Monday, October 12th, 2015 AT 7:36 AM
MKCKARRICK
I check for links and did not find any and there is no codes
Monday, October 12th, 2015 AT 2:47 PM
MKCKARRICK
I forgot to till you this. When I come to a stop and and then I take off car accl really slow.I really can not pass a car right now because I can't get up to speed fast enougth
Monday, October 12th, 2015 AT 2:54 PM
Check fuel pressure again with a gauge auto parts rent it. If it stays below 60 replace the pump and check for a bad regulator. Start car with gauge on, open throttle quickly it should go up to 66 psi if not replace pump and filter. Check vacuum at idle at manifold if 15" or below suspect clogged exhaust.
Monday, October 12th, 2015 AT 3:38 PM
MKCKARRICK
I check fuel pressure and it was 62 psi as soon pump went off it drop to about 56 psi.I talk to my friends dad he a chevy expret and he said fule pump psi should be 60 to 66 psi. With car running it should be about 62 psi. So he said fuel pump is bad
Monday, October 12th, 2015 AT 7:10 PM
MKCKARRICK
Ok I had my car look at by 3 shops this week. And they all said I need a new fuel pump.I get new pump put in and still getting low fuel pressure 62 psi with key on soon pump goes off it drops to 56 psi. With car running at idle it's around 56 psi.I did a link down test and in 30 mins psi was still at 56.I really don't know where to start now.
Saturday, October 17th, 2015 AT 4:58 AM
Try the regulator it will either be inside or outside of intake.
Saturday, October 17th, 2015 AT 6:46 AM
MKCKARRICK
I done a leak down test today psi was 60 and 10 mins it was 52 psi and I let it set 10 more mins it went from 52 psi to 44 psi
Saturday, October 17th, 2015 AT 6:59 AM
MKCKARRICK
At idle psi 54
Saturday, October 17th, 2015 AT 7:04 AM
Have you check ed regulator at all after I said that, your drop down is ok on pressure when shut off. I cannot see this and have no further comments. Or suggestions.
Saturday, October 17th, 2015 AT 7:33 AM